Go to the store and get frozen puff pastry because this will be your go to centerpiece for this years’ holiday gatherings! Easy to make and all you need is a baking tray 🙂 That crunchy pastry dipped into the melted cheese is a-ma-zing!
So Versatile, I used my tomato jam ( http://thepestogodmother.com/2020/10/02/my-spicy-tomato-jam/) but you can absolutely use your favorite spread – whether homemade or not – like pesto either traditional or rosso, pizza sauce, marinara etc…
– 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
– 1 camambert
– Tomato jam as much as needed
– 2 eggs yolks + 2 tbsp of water
TIP: sprinkle on top a mix of sesame seeds, rosemary & thyme before baking.
- Shape the puff pastry into equal circles using a regular plate. (TIP: Don’t throw away leftover dough but shape them as u like and bake alongside the star)
- Place one sheet in an oven pan lined with baking paper and spread as much tomato jam (or chosen spread) as needed to cover all the pastry.
- Now place the camembert in the middle.
- Carefully place the other pastry sheet on top making sure it covers everything.
- Lightly pinch the edges with your fingers to stick the two pasties together.
- Now using a knife cut 16 equal wedges making sure to leave the cheese untouched in the middle.
- Now twist the pastry.
- Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle the sesame mixture on top.
- Place in preheated oven on 190 degrees untill puffed and golden.
To serve: cut the top off the cheese and dip the pastry in.