I’m gonna be honest and say that these aren’t the lightest cookies in the history of cookies BUT they are absolutely out of this world…crispy with a bit of a crumb and topped with spicy tomato jam…what else can I say? Perfect for entertaining as an appetizer and for impressing 😉
The cookies might loose their shape a bit but its ok, they will still be pretty and delicious. You can do these without the tomato jam but who wouldn’t want tomato jam? Find the recipe here http://thepestogodmother.com/2020/10/02/my-spicy-tomato-jam/
- 170 gr butter, at room temperature
- 75 gr grated parmigiano
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small egg
- 225 gr all purpose flour
- tomato jam for topping, optional
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the butter, parmigiano, rosemary, thyme, salt and whiz to incorporate everything together.
- Add the egg and incorporate.
- Add the flour and mix till a dough forms.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls. Gently press down to form disks and, using the back of a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon (or your thumb, but I prefer the measuring spoon) make an indentation in the middle of the cookies and place on your baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Once all cookies are shaped place the trays in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Take the trays out of the fridge and spoon 1 teaspoon of tomato jam onto each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.