This cake is so soooo good and easy to make! Perfect for summer so tangy and sweet , yummy! If you do it let me know and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter…I won’t spam your inbox, I promise 🙂
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 110 gr butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, packed
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Milk
For the glaze:
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven on 180.
- In a bowl add the flour, poppy seeds and baking powder. Whisk together and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add butter and sugar and whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. (If the mixture starts to curdle add one tablespoon of the flour mixture and mix, that should fix it)
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and half of the flour mix and mix till combined.
- Add the milk and the rest of the flour mixture and mix till combined.
- Transfer the batter to your loaf pan lined with baking paper. Add the batter and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While cake is baking make the glaze by simply whisking together the ingredients till they are nice and smooth.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled drizzle with the glaze and enjoy!