Delicious whether baked or fried these crispy cauli nuggets are perfect as an appetizer or just as a snack while watching your favorite tv show. I used panko but you can also use any breadcrumbs available. If you make them, let me know!
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into even, bite-size florets
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder, optional
- 1 tsp smoked paprika, optional
- 1 1/2 cups panko or any breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sunflower oil, as needed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Sriracha (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cauliflower florets to a large mixing bowl and season with a bit of salt.
- Add flour to a deep bowl and season with salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika, if using.
- Crack eggs into a big bowl, season with salt and whisk.
- Add panko or breadcrumbs to another bowl.
- Dip a few cauliflower florets in the flour ensuring all sides are well coated. Then shake off excess.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the eggs and finally to the breadcrumbs pressing well making sure all sides are well coated.
- Transfer cauliflower to your prepared baking sheet, drizzle with a little a oil to help them crisp up. (You can deep fry the florets instead of baking them as well)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower appears golden brown flipping them once to ensure all side are golden and crispy.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauces.
- For the spicy sauce: simply mix both ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- For the tahini dip: add tahini, salt and lemon juice in a bowl and mix. The mixture will look very dense. Start adding water a bit at a time and mix until you reach a creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Once cauliflower florets are golden brown take out of the oven and serve immediately with dipping sauces.