Warm and buttery buns straight out of your oven…These will be the talk of the table. Simple and easy to make they take just a little time, but it’s hard to mess these up! These pillowy buns are so dreamy and hard to resist! Try them and let me know!
Makes 12-14 buns
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted & softened
- 5 to 7 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted for finishing
- In a bowl add the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, eggs, the softened butter and warm water. Using your hands mix everything together till a dough is formed.
- Flour your working surface, tip the dough and have fun kneading it for 8-10 minutes. If dough is too sticky gradually add more flour till you end up with a smooth and soft non-sticky dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a bowl. Cover and let it rest till doubled in size, around an hour.
- Gently tip your dough on a working surface and divide it into 12 portions. Shape each into a bowl and arrange next to each other into the prepared pan.
- Once all balls are shaped let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven on 180.
- Brush the buns gently and generously before baking them for around 30 minutes.