For the festive season this year I decided to spice up my favorite red wine and I loved it! Super easy to make this can be drank warm, at room temperature or over ice…so soooo good!
- A bottle of your favorite red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- The peel of an orange
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- Add cinnamon, star anise, cloves, orange peel, pomegranate juice, apple juice and sugar to a pot, turn on the heat on low and stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Add the wine & warm it but be careful not to bring it to a boil otherwise all the alcohol will evaporate.
- Once nice and hot turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let the flavors infuse for at least half an hour, I left mine overnight.
- When ready to serve strain the wine and place it in a serving jug.
- Add to the wine the sliced apple and orange.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or over ice.