Creamy lebanese tangy labneh dip is a must this holiday season and honestly any time this works perfectly! Super easy to make this dip is a beautiful starter, hope you give it a try!!
- 1/2 kg Labneh
- 1 big red bell pepper, charred, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, strained very well and finely chopped (optional)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh origano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Sumac
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the bell pepper in half, place on a baking tray skin side up, sprinkle some salt and drizzle some olive oil and place in the oven till skin in nice and charred.
- Take pepper out of the oven, place in a bowl and cover tightly with some plastic wrap and leave for about 15 minutes. This will make peeling the pepper much easier.
- In the meantime place in a bowl the Labneh, sundried tomatoes (if using), spring onions, olives & origano.
- Peel the pepper and roughly chop it. Add this to the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix well to incorporate everything together.
- Spread the labneh on a plate and sprinkle the sumac on top and generously drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with nice crusty bread.