I start drooling every time I think about these easy to prepare appetizers that require just a few ingredients and are a combination of crispy, sweet, savory and creamy…need I say more?
Recipe for 6-8 people
- 12 dates
- 125 gr plain goat cheese
- 3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 6 strips of bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- Some honey to drizzle (optional)
- Split the dates in half lengthwise being careful not to cut the date all the way through. Remove the pit.
- In a small bowl add the goat cheese, chopped walnuts and rosemary. Mix well.
- Fill the dates with the goat cheese mixture.
- Wrap each date with the bacon and place seam side down on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 degrees until the bacon is nice and crispy.
- If using drizzle with some honey as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.