Cozy up on your sofa while watching your favorite show on TV and indulge in this decadent & delicious lava cake…Ready in under an hour this dessert is everything you ever wanted…cakey on the outside with an irresistible warm molten dark chocolate center.
I served it with vanilla ice cream and drizzled a bit of mixed berries sauce which, was slightly tangy, giving it a good balanced flavor but, its completely optional (I left the link for the sauce below) Let me know if you give it a try!!!
Recipe is for 2-4
- 100 gr unsalted butter
- 170 gr semisweet chocolate
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of regular sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 ramekins of 12 cm in diameter or several smaller ones
- A tablespoon of butter, melted
- Cocoa powder
- Place a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the chocolate and butter, whisk till both are melted and well incorporated. Set aside.(You can do this using a microwave as well)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add 2 whole eggs, 2 yolks, the sugar, a pinch of salt and mix on high speed till pale in color and creamy.
- Add to the egg mixture the melted chocolate mixture plus the flour and using a spatula gently fold till all is very well incorporated.
- Grease the ramekins with the melted butter and sprinkle with cocoa to create a coating.
- Divide the batter between the ramekins, place them on a baking sheet and into a preheated oven on 200 for around 10 minutes (the baking time varies depending on your oven so keep an eye on them. They are done once the outside starts looking like a cake but still soft in the middle)
- When the cakes are done let them rest 2 minutes before flipping them.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and mixed berries sauce (optional) Link to the berries sauce: http://thepestogodmother.com/2020/01/24/panna-cotta-with-berries-sauce/