A lemon scented bread freckled with just a touch of minty green… The zucchini mildly flavors the bread but also helps to keep it enjoyably light. It pairs amazingly with fish and salads. Great for a tuna sandwich. Hope you give it a try!
The recipe calls for a 1 kg loaf tin but if you have the 1/2 kg one just divide the dough in two 🙂
- 200 gr zucchini, coarsely grated and patted dry with kitchen paper
- 500 gr all purpose flour or bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 ml or enough warm water to make a soft dough
- Put the flour in a bowl and add all the ingredients (except the water) and give it a good stir.
- Add the water, a bit at a time, till a soft dough form.
- Sprinkle some flour on your working surface and start kneading the dough till smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. The dough should be soft but not sticky.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover loosely with cling film and leave to rest till double in size, about an hour.
- Tip the dough on a floured surface and knead well, shape it and place it in the loaf tin.
- Cover with kitchen towl and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and bake the bread for around 35-40 minutes. If after 20 minutes it starts browning too much just cover it loosely with tin foil.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.