Spoonful by spoonful vanilla and chocolate swirl together to make this all time classic sponge cake. A 20 cm cake mold is needed for this recipe, if yours is bigger, then double the ingredients. It’s moist and amazing with coffee, give it a go and let me know in a comment <3
- 3 cups of all purpose flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or corn oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of cacao, sifted
- In a large bowl sift together the flour and baking powder, set aside.
- In another large bowl sift the cocoa and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer place sugar and eggs and beat till doubled in size and pale in color.
- Add half of the flour and the oil, mix well.
- Add the other half of the flour and milk, mix till just combined.
- Pour half of the batter over the sifted cacao and stir to combine very well.
- Spoon batters using 2 big spoons into the prepared pan in 2 layers, alternating spoonfuls of vanilla and chocolate.
- With a table knife make swirling motions to create the marble effect.
- Pour in your prepared cake tin (I line mine with baking paper) and bake in preheated oven on 180 for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.