Another amazing Middle Eastern dish packed full of Arabian flavors, earthy cumin, creamy tahini, tangy lemon juice and fruity extra virgin olive oil from my Lebanon. Just like ‘Fattet Hummos’ this dish can be eaten anytime of the day. Served with fresh veggies and pita bread it can get really messy while eating, also, don’t forget to take that EVOO bottle for extra drizzling to the table!! Recipe is for 2 really hungry people 🙂
- 2 cans fava beans, 400 gr each
- 1 can chickpeas, 400 gr, drained
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons of tahini
- The juice of one lemon, more or less you can adjust to your taste
- 1 big tomato for ganish
- Salt to taste
- In a saucepan on medium heat add the fava beans with all its juices and bring to a boil.
- After about 10 minutes add to the beans the drained chickpeas and continue cooking for 3 minutes, just until the chickpeas are warmed through.
- Turn off the heat and add the garlic, cilantro, cumin, tahini and season with salt.
- Using the pestle or masher or even a fork start mashing and mixing the ingredients together until you have some fava beans and chickpeas mashed completely and some still whole.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve warm garnished with chopped tomatoes and drizzled generously with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with fresh veggies, pita bread and more EVOO.