Absolutely in love with this!! Sliced and drizzled with the cream cheese frosting is to die for (plus it looks so sexy 😉 ) Also, IF by miracle you have any leftover this can turn into the most sinful Pain Perdu ever!!! Recipe is coming soon! Stay tuned 🙂
For the Dough:
- 1 cup warm milk
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 3 1/2 cups of flour, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
For the filling
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 50 gr or more butter at room temperature
For the icing
- 110 grs Philadelphia cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine milk, sugar, melted butter and yeast in a bowl. Give it a quick stir and let stand for 5 mins until yeast is activated.
- In the meantime in a bowl sift the flour and salt. Make a small well and add the egg.
- Add the activated Yeast Mixture to the flour and egg and mix with your hands. Once a sticky dough is formed sprinkle flour on a clean surface, tip the dough, sprinkle some more flour and start kneading until you end up with a soft and silky dough.
- Place dough in a bowl sprayed with cooking spray, cover loosely with cling film and a kitchen towel and leave to rest and rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until double in size.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a bowl and combine till you have a homogeneous paste.
- When the dough is ready, tip it on a lightly floured surface and roll out a rectangle (37 x 33 cm APPROXIMATELY)
- Brush the egg yolk all over the dough.
- Spread the filling all over evenly.
- Roll the dough, starting from the longest edge then, living just the tip intact, cut the dough in half lengthwise.
- Open out the pieces so that the cut sides are uppermost. Loosely twist the two pieces together by lifting the right hand piece over the left hand until the ends are reached.
- Carefully transfer to a tray lined with baking paper.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven on 200 until golden.
- While baking place all the icing ingredient in a bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Store in your fridge till ready to use.
- Serve warm drizzled with the icing.