This broccoli soup is packed with nutrients and is completely vegan. Super easy to make and comes together in 30 minutes. if using fresh broccoli I use the whole thing, even the stem, chopped finely will cook in no time, so nothing goes to waste but if you have on hand frozen ones of course it works as well. Leave me a comment if you try it!
- 350 gr broccoli, washed
- 100 gr baby or regular spinach
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 celery stick, optional
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To a pan add olive oil and garlic and cook till garlic is fragrant (it shouldn’t brown).
- Add celery and gently cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and spinach and stir.
- Add the stock and bring it to a boil, lower the heat & let simmer till broccoli are tender.
- Check and adjust seasoning.
- Once the broccoli are tender transfer everything to a mixer add the avocado and only half the liquid and blitz till smooth.
- Add the remaining liquid a bit at a time till you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve with garlicky croutons and sliced avocados. Delicious!!