The combination of flavors between the tangy cheese and the sweet fig jam is perfection. Store bought puff pastry, jam and cheese…there really is no cooking involved or precise quantities.. just a matter of putting everything together and baking the parcels until puffed, golden and crispy…yessss!!!
- Store bought puff pastry, defrosted
- Fig jam
- Goat cheese
- 1 egg for brushing the top of the parcels
- Using a cookie cutter or a regular cup cut circles out of the pastry. Use all the pastry.
- Take a circle and add a bit of jam.
- Top the jam with a slice of cheese.
- Take another dough circle and cover the filling.
- Using your fingers or a fork pinch the edges to seal.
- Repeat till all the dough is used.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush with the egg.
- Bake till puffed and golden in a preheated oven on 180