Buttery, crumbly & sweet..who doesn’t love this traditional dessert?? I love it with smooth and thick apricot jam but really any kind works so well… Easy to put together as always I hope you give this a go!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 small jar of your favorite jam
- Preheat oven to 180.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat well.
- In a small bowl sift flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add to creamed butter mix to form a dough.
- Fold in coconut if using.
- Press 2/3 of the dough onto the bottom of a greased baking pan.
- Spread the jam.
- Add chopped almonds to remaining dough incorporating well and crumble this over the jam.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and then cut into bars.