Who doesn’t love a good slice of homemade carrot cake covered with cream cheese frosting ? Specially when it’s super easy to make!! I advice you do this cake and treat yourself…yumm
For the Cake:
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs at room temperature, slightly beaten
- 225 gr soft light brown sugar
- 1 cup grated carrots, packed
- 225 gr self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 140 gr chopped walnuts, optional
For the Icing:
- 45 gr butter, softened
- 170 gr full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 300 gr icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- In a bowl stir together the oil, eggs, sugar & carrots.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda & cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Fold the 2 mixture together and then fold in the walnuts if using.
- Divide between 2 tins and bake in the center of a preheated oven on 180 for about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then turn the cakes out to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the icing sugar, vanilla & milk and beat till well combined.
- Use the icing to fill the cake and decorate the top.