Melted cheese with onions wrapped in crunchy pastry…to me, everything sounds right, wouldn’t you agree? I got ready made shortcrust pastry to make my life easier and made them in no time! Great for entertaining guests as well, give it a go!
- 50 gr unsalted butter
- 2 small yellow onions, sliced
- 50 gr emmental cheese, finely grated
- 50 gr mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 500 gr shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk plus 2 tablespoons of water, mixed together to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Melt the butter in a pan and gently saute the onions until soft and golden, set aside and leave to cool.
- Combine the cooled onions with the cheeses and mustard, mix well.
- Cut the pastry into medium size rectangles.
- Place some filling in each rectangle leaving a small gap along the edges.
- Brush the borders with the egg wash and seal the pastry forming a pocket.
- Brush the parcels with egg wash and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.