Rustic quiche are my favorite ever! Creamy and cheesy quiche is perfect for brunch, lunch and dinner and I simply love it with a simple side salad dressed in lemon and oil. I used store bought shortcrust pastry and it made my life so much easier!
- 1 pack shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 2 big leeks, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- A couple of springs of fresh thyme leaves
- 4 eggs
- 300 ml cooking cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Labneh or sour cream
- 100 gr mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by blind baking the pastry.
- While the pastry is cooking cook the leeks in a bit of olive oil till wilted.
- Add the crushed garlic, thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl add the eggs, cooking cream, mozzarella, parmesan, labneh or sour cream and the nutmeg. Season to taste and give it a good whisk.
- When the pastry is ready add the cooked leeks in an even layer and top with the eggs and cream mixture.
- Place in the oven on 180C and cook for about 30-40 minutes.