Apples, walnuts and cinnamon are one of the best combinations that never fail to impress and everybody loves this!! Serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel…oh yes!!!
- 4-6 yellow apples, depends how big they are
- 3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Hollow the apples to get rid of the seeds.
- In a bowl mix together the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- Fill the apples with the walnuts mix.
- Place in a tray.
- Put a piece of butter on top of each.
- Pour about 2 cups of water in the tray so the apples steam and cook evenly.
- Put in a preheated oven on 180C and bake for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Take the tray out and baste the apples with the juices a bit before removing them from the tray.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.