Crunchy and buttery on the outside, creamy and savory on the inside. These samosas are perfect to freeze for last minute guests or for a quick bite. Deep fried or oven baked…either way these samosas are addictive!!
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 big leek, finely chopped
- 350 gr chopped frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 250 gr ricotta
- 250 gr feta, crumbled
- A handful of grated parmigiano
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 200 gr butter, melted
- 500 gr phyllo dough, thawed (can be found already cut into strips)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a big frying pan and add the shallots and leek, season with salt and cook on medium until just golden.
- Add the spinach, stir well for a couple of minutes and turn off the heat.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta, feta and parmigiano. To this add the spinach mixture and the egg and mix until well combined.
- Check and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Place one strip of phyllo on work surface, brush with melted butter and repeat till you have 3 layers.
- Place about a tablespoon of the filling in one of the ends and fold to form a triangle over the filling. Repeat folding back and forth till the end of the strip.
- Place triangles on baking sheet lined with cooking paper, seam side down.
- Bake pastries in preheated oven (400 C) until golden and crunchy, about 20 minutes. You can also deep fry them.
- Serve warm.
*These samosas can be made in advance and frozen for up to 1 month.