Baking is slowly and steadily becoming a must in my life. These oat cookies are very tasty and although the ingredient list might seem too long they are extremely easy to make…I promise you won’t regret it!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 cup of good quality oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer place brown sugar, melted butter, honey, vanilla and egg whites and mix on medium speed until well blended. Stir in the oats, walnuts and chocolate chips, mix with a spoon and set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes stir in the flour mixture and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Turn on your oven to 180 degrees.
- Form cookies and place them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.