For the dough
- 2 cups (more or less) flour 00 or if you cant find it you can use all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- A pack of 400 gr of frozen spinach, thawed, all the juice squeezed and blended into a thick puree
- A pinch of salt
For the ricotta filling
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of pine nuts – optional
- Make a well with the flour and break in the eggs and yolks seasoning with a pinch of salt. Using a fork gently beat the eggs slowly and gradually adding the flour. When the mixture starts resembling a thick paste add the spinach and work it until u have a soft silky dough.
- Cover tightly with cling film and place in the refrigerator for ½ an hour.
- Divide the dough in 4 pieces. Taking 1 piece (remember to cover the pasta your not using) start working it through your pasta machine until you end up with long sheets of pasta.
- Prepare the ricotta filling: place all the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix till very well combined.
- Place filling 1 ½ cm apart on the top part of your pasta sheet. Brush sides and in between fillings with water and Fold over the other half. Placing your fingers around the filling gently press to seal and get rid of any air bubble.
- Use a ravioli cutter shape your pasta.
- Cook in gently boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
Tip: Ravioli can be frozen for up to a month. To be cooked frozen directly from the freezer.