Flavored butter is so versatile. Even if you only add the zest of an orange and use it
on warm toast in the morning it takes your breakfast on a different level. The following is not a recipe but it’s just the way I usually do it to elevate the flavors of my turkey: the butter melts into the breast giving it an amazing boost in flavor and then the gravy will be to die for!
Feel free to experiment by adding or remove any of the ingredients. Don’t forget to let me know how it turned out!
- 250 g of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves picked and very finely chopped
- 1 sprig of sage, leaves picked and very finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1 cup of dried cranberries, very finely chopped
- 1 orange or clementine, zested
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and work together (I use my hands) until all are well combined.
- If not using immediately, place on wax paper and roll tightly and place in the fridge till ready to use