We all love mashed potatoes. I find it to be very comforting. Many use an electric mixer but all they end up with is a smooth and sticky kind of a mash. In my humble opinion I prefer a potato ricer or a fork that keeps the potatoes nice and fluffy.
- 1kg potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into big cubes
- 25 gr (about) butter, at room temperature
- ½ to 1 cup cooking cream, at room temperature
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Salt generously bring to a boil and cook till very tender.
- Drain. While still piping hot mash them using either a fork or a potato ricer.
- Add the butter and cream, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix till all is very well incorporated.