This is a no-fuss, super adaptable recipe for homemade crackers. These crackers are the perfect pair to your cheese board, hoummous, or any type of dips.
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Water, as much as needed
- Your choice of toppings: sesame seeds, poppy, caraway, fennel, dried zaatar, sunflower seeds
This post is part of a collaboration with Solea Maison, a unique home accessories boutique in Beirut that curates selectively edited tableware from around the globe including this set of gold and enamel nesting trays by The Just Slate Company.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt. Add the extra virgin olive oil and ½ cup of water. Stir with a wooden spoon, adding more water if needed.
- As soon as the dough starts to form, tip on a floured surface and knead until you get a smooth and soft dough.
- Divide the dough in 3 equal portions and roll into a very thin rectangle.
- Place in a baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush the dough with a bit of water, sprinkle with salt and desired seeds (sesame, poppy, caraway, fennel, sunflower, zaatar etc…)
- Bake in a preheated oven to 200°C until nicely brown, about 10 mins.
- Cool on a wire rack and break the crackers using your hands giving them a rustic look.
- They keep well for up to 1 week stored in an airtight container.