I just adore eggplants whether grilled or fried with just a sprinkle of salt. So many ways to enjoy them. In this dish I love how the mascarpone gets warm and gives a subtle sweetness to the whole dish. Honest food is the best! Here is the recipe to mascarpone-filled eggplants, topped with mozzarella and parmiggiano on a bed of tomato sauce and little nests of spaghetti.
Ingredients (Recipe for 2)
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 2 to 3 cups of simple marinara sauce (basic tomato sauce with basil or oregano)
- A couple of tablespoons of mascarpone
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Parmiggiano, grated
- Half a pack of spaghetti
- Grill eggplants and sprinkle with salt. Place a teaspoon of mascarpone on one end of grilled eggplant and roll.
- Spread some marinara sauce in the bottom of baking dish and arrange the rolls on top.
- Cook spaghetti al dente and place in baking dish. Top with mozzarella and parmiggiano. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted. Sprinkle some basil leaves on top and enjoy!!!